through 3 quarters
Only a quarter more sits between the Portland Trail Blazers and the victory they were preferred to take before tonight. It increasingly looks like their powerful offense is too much for the Phoenix Suns as Portland leads 106-81.
Shooting goaltender CJ McCollum has led the way so far for the Trail Blazers, as he shot 6 for 12 from downtown and recorded 28 points and three blocks. One thing to watch out for is Cody Zeller’s bad situation as he is currently seated at four.
Phoenix was led by shooter Devin Booker, who so far has 21 points and four assists in addition to four boards.
Phoenix @ Portland
Current records: Phoenix 1-1; Portland 0-1
What there is to know
The Portland Trail Blazers have been on the wrong side of a one-sided rivalry with the Phoenix Suns and are hoping to register their first victory since March 10 of last year. Portland will face Phoenix at 10 p.m. ET last Saturday at the Moda Center in the Rose Quarter after having had a few days off. The Trail Blazers are the favorites here – although they were also the favorites in their last contest, so the odds might count a little less.
Portland was close but no cigars last Wednesday as they lost 124-121 to the Sacramento Kings. A silver lining for Portland was the play of CJ McCollum, who shot 6 for 11 from downtown and finished with 34 points, five assists and six boards.
Meanwhile, Phoenix earned a 115-105 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers last Friday. The Suns can attribute much of their success to point guard Chris Paul, who posted a double-double with 23 points and 14 dimes in addition to five rebounds, and small forward Mikal Bridges, who had 21 points and five rebounds. .
When the two teams met in May, the Trail Blazers and Phoenix were neck and neck, but Portland came back empty-handed after a 118-117 loss. Maybe Portland will have better luck at home than on the road? Watch the game and come back to CBS Sports for all the details.
How to watch
- When: Saturday at 10 p.m. ET
- Or: Moda Center at the Rose Quarter – Portland, Oregon
- TV: NBATV
- Online broadcast: fuboTV (Try free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- To follow: CBS Sports app
- Cost of the ticket: $ 26.64
The Trail Blazers are a 3-point favorite against the Suns, according to the latest NBA odds.
The punters had a good idea of the line for this one, as the game opened with the Trail Blazers as the 2.5-point favorite.
Over / Under: -110
Check out the NBA’s picks for each game, including this one, of SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get choices now.
History of the series
Portland has won 13 of its last 21 games against Phoenix.
- May 13, 2021 – Phoenix 118 vs. Portland 117
- March 11, 2021 – Phoenix 127 vs. Portland 121
- February 22, 2021 – Phoenix 132 vs. Portland 100
- March 10, 2020 – Portland 121 vs. Phoenix 105
- March 06, 2020 – Phoenix 127 vs. Portland 117
- December 30, 2019 – Phoenix 122 vs. Portland 116
- December 16, 2019 – Portland 111 vs. Phoenix 110
- March 09, 2019 – Portland 127 vs. Phoenix 120
- January 24, 2019 – Portland 120 vs. Phoenix 106
- December 06, 2018 – Portland 108 vs. Phoenix 86
- February 24, 2018 – Portland 106 vs. Phoenix 104
- January 16, 2018 – Portland 118 vs. Phoenix 111
- October 28, 2017 – Portland 114 vs. Phoenix 107
- October 18, 2017 – Portland 124 vs. Phoenix 76
- April 01, 2017 – Portland 130 vs. Phoenix 117
- March 12, 2017 – Portland 110 vs. Phoenix 101
- November 08, 2016 – Portland 124 vs. Phoenix 121
- November 02, 2016 – Phoenix 118 vs. Portland 115
- December 11, 2015 – Portland 106 vs. Phoenix 96
- October 31, 2015 – Phoenix 101 vs. Portland 90
- October 30, 2015 – Phoenix 110 vs. Portland 92
Portland injury report
Phoenix Injury Report
- Landry Shamet: Decision during the match (foot)
- Cameron Payne: Out (hamstrings)
- Dario Saric: outside (knee)