The NFL announced its refereeing assignments ahead of week three of the regular season. After the assignment is announced, which referees will be in charge of your favorite team’s game in the NFL and which will be featured in prime time in week 3?
Week 3 NFL Referees Assignments
The official named on each of the NFL Week 3 games below is the referee. Each of the umpires has a full team of NFL officials assigned to them from the roster of officials prior to the year. You can find which officials are on which official crews with our practical guide.
Referee assignments for Sunday morning matches
- Indianapolis Colts vs. Tennessee Titans | 1 p.m. ET | Bill Vinovitch
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers | 1 p.m. ET | Clete blakeman
- Baltimore Ravens vs. Detroit Lions | 1 p.m. ET | Scott Novak
- Los Angeles Chargers vs. Kansas City Chiefs | 1 p.m. ET | Shawn hochuli
- Chicago Bears at the Cleveland Browns | 1 p.m. ET | Ron Tolbert
- Arizona Cardinals vs. Jacksonville Jaguars | 1 p.m. ET | Shawn smith
- New Orleans Saints vs. New England Patriots | 1 p.m. ET | Jean Hussey
- Washington football team at Buffalo Bills | 1 p.m. ET | Tony Corrente
- Atlanta Falcons vs. New York Giants | 1 p.m. ET | Adrien Colline
NFL referee assignments for Sunday afternoon and prime-time games of week 3
- New York Jets to Denver Broncos | 4:05 PM ET | Clark Earth
- Miami Dolphins at Las Vegas Raiders | 4:05 PM ET | Carl Cheffers
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at the Los Angeles Rams | 4:25 p.m. ET | Craig wrolstad
- Seattle Seahawks vs. Minnesota Vikings | 4:25 p.m. ET | Martin clay
- Green Bay Packers to San Francisco 49ers | 8:20 p.m. ET | Jerome Boger
Which of the NFL referees is assigned to MNF in week 3?
- Philadelphia Eagles vs. Dallas Cowboys | 8:15 p.m. ET | Brad rogers
Which official crew had the most penalties in the first two weeks?
Referee Scott Novak’s team threw the most flags per game heading into week three of the NFL season. They threw a total of 47 flags, including 27 in their Week 1 game between the Eagles and Falcons and 20 in Thursday night football between the Giants and Washington. Interestingly, of the 47 flags thrown, 46 were accepted penalties – the highest average of any crew.
Just behind them in terms of flags thrown per game are Shawn Hochuli and Craig Wrolstad. Both average 19 or more flags per game. However, Wrolstad has only refereed one match so far.
On the other end of the spectrum, the most flag-stingy crew is Shawn Smith, who averages just 10 flags per game. They threw five flags at the low of the season in the Week 2 game between the Rams and Colts. Just behind Smith’s team is Brad Allen’s team with 12 flags per game. In the NFL Week 3 referee missions, Allen’s team is goodbye.